Go to the contact page or use the email interface below to book now.
Ratspace is an all-equipped musical rehearsal and recording facility in downtown Toronto.
- we have just one single 800 sq ft back-lined rehearsal room, thus no other music bleeding from adjacent rooms.
- 8 - 12 monitor mixes set up all the time.
- an engineer on-site to set up monitor mixes at the start of every session, we just get you started.
- the room is big, clean and comfortable, warm / cool, and better equipped than any room specifically dedicated to rehearsal in the city.
- there are lots of keyboard stands, and a house 88 weighted key digital piano, a 5 piece Sonor drum kit (22", 16"fl, 13", 12", snare and cymbals can be included in house or bring your own), a full size 8 x 10" 800 watt pro bass rig, lots of guitar amps and speaker cabs, mics, active and passive DI's for as many as 16 channels, and more.
- we can also record as many as 48 channels of 96k audio right off the monitor desk with minimal set-up and prep time required, call us to talk about what you are looking for.
- for groups with their own IEM system, X32 mixer etc. we can provide stands and cables and a split from our monitor desk into your system, mics if required, some additional costs apply for using our mics, or if significnt repatching, mic'ing etc. is required.
- we book lots of hourlies, we are not totally booked up all the time, but we also specialize in multi-day lock out bookings for people doing tour or recording pre-production.
- email is the best way to get in touch.
- we have no curfew, you can work late, and we are happy to open early in the morning as well on a case by case basis.
- also check out the Intonation Lab page, we do a steady stream of instrument repair and set up in our small shop, we have a few specialities including intonation for guitars the have always played out of tune.
And its not expensive.
Go the menus above to see our backline list, mic list, diagrams and photos of the workspace, and the other services we offer.