Ratspace keeps a small stock of Diana Coatsworth Designs singer's masks. Go to their website to see more about this interesting project. They are extremely comfortable and convenient despite their larger size, they are very light weight and have a unique, convenient and comfortable strap system. Designed to allow the mouth to open and be unobstructed, they allow for much better speech intelligibility than a surgical mask or other. The mask is not in contact with your lips or nose, see Diana's detailed description below. You have to go to their website to order online! If you are coming to the studio for a session we can sell you one at the studio.
More info from DCD's website quoted here:
This has a substantial amount of structure with sewn in boning to ensure a close fit around the edges of the mask, while giving maximum room inside of the mask for full mouth opening.
available in black cotton or light beige/cotton muslin (as shown
- Made with quality prewashed/preshrunk cotton outer and tightly woven quilting cotton lining
- 3 layers total on the long front piece that enables a masking of the boning stitched lines on the outer mask. 2 layers of fabric in the upper and lower pieces of the mask
- Sewn in double boning for structure across the front and added vertical sewn in boning at front and sides for structure
- Serged seams for clean finish and to help with shaping
- double adjustable across the head knotted elastics with slideable bead for fit
- Sewn in shapeable nose wire across entire upper portion of top piece
- Extended side piece for more face coverage
I've added a kids size as an option as well. It is 15% smaller to the adult sized mask. This size is good for adults with small faces or kids.
As used by Toronto Mendelssohn Choir, Shaw Festival, George Brown College, York Harmony Chorus, Metropolitan Community Church Choir, Opera Atelier, Metalworks Institute, as well as many private practicing singers and teachers and dance instructors across the country.